Peter Östman is an MP and the chairman of the Christian Democratic Parliamentary Group in the Parliament of Finland. He is a member of the Agriculture and Forestry Committee and a deputy member of the Finance Committee.
Before his election as an MP in April 2011, Östman worked as the Secretary General of the Christian Democratic Party in Finland. During his occupational career, he has focused on small and medium size enterprises, both as an entrepreneur and as a managing director in different organizations. During 2013 – 2016, Peter was the President of the European Christian Political Movement.
Peter Östman lives in Luoto, in the region of Ostrobothnia. He is married to Mrs. Katarina Östman, and they have two sons: Rasmus (1983) and Sebastian (1986).
- Member of Parliament, Chairman of the Christian Democratic Parliamentary Group, 2011–
- Secretary General, Christian Democrats in Finland, 2009–2011
- Managing Director, Rannikko-Pohjanmaan Yrittäjät, 2008–2009
- Managing Director, Suomen Turvaurakoitsijaliitto –Finnish Security Contractors Association, 2007–2008
- President, European Locksmith Federation, 2001–2005
- Managing Director, Securi – Keskipohjanmaan Lukkopalvelu Oy, 1986–2005
- Finance Committee (deputy member) 2015 –
- Subcommittee for Administration and Security (member) 2015 –
- Tax Subcommittee (additional member) 2015 –
- Agriculture and Forestry Committee (member) 2015 –
- Inter-Parliamentary Union, Finnish Group (deputy member) 2015 –
- Christian Democratic Parliamentary Group, Chairman, 2011–
- Grand Committee, Member, 2011–2015
- Working Subcommittee of the Grand Committee, Member, 2011–2015
- Legal Affairs Committee, member, 2011–2015
- Finnish Delegation to the Nordic Council, deputy member, 2011–2015